[support] Support?????

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Nov 23 08:35:29 UTC 2005

Jad Madi wrote:

>Yes, I got few problem solved over this list, but that because I
>mostly ask on #drupal
>and BTW, they shouldn't give full solution, they should only give a kickstart...

Just a reminder that asking support questions in #drupal can get you a
very fast /kick start... Ask in #drupal-support.

The problem with questions on this list is:

- the answer is so obvious that it is clear the poster has not spent any
time on research. Why should I then bother to write an email? I will
think the poster is rather rude for not doing his homework first and I
am likely to ignore this and also later requests.

- the information provided is insufficient. Again, the author should
have spent some time to do his homework first and the same as above applies.

- the question is too generic. I am not going to provide written essays
on the benefits of Drupal or on how to set up a site with specific
features free of charge.

- I don't know the answer. Yes, that can happen too.

- None of the above applies, and the question is not a FAQ. I might
answer if I got the time.

Cheers,
    Gerhard