[drupal-support] Who's online module

Skip Taylor avskip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:48:12 UTC 2005

Larry,
 I don't know of a way to clear the cache. I tried lowering the time to
display in settings but it made very little difference. The large number of
guests is usually due to search engine traffic unless you are a very popular
site. You can verify this by looking at the server log.
 One month Google searched my site a lot generating 9.5gb (not a typo -
gigabytes) of traffic by themselves! I asked them why so much traffic, got a
reply about sending them the IP they were searching from. I never got around
to sending that info back as the server log was so huge I couldn't find it!
Not too long after that (a month or so) it went back to normal levels of
activity from them (350mb or so).
 I think the problem I had was the Google sitemap module. The one I had at
the high traffic time was a very early version maybe even the first one
released. The newest one seems to do much better at giving them the sitemap.
 That's my experience.

Skip