[drupal-support] Making a Drupal website speak

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Sep 2 12:40:14 UTC 2005

Kobus.

I read myself into KDEs text-to speech stuff. And frankly I am very surprised
by your route.

FRom what I learned, modern T2S synthesisers deal with (valid) XHTML in a very
good way. In other words: just use the proper XHTML, optionally with Speech
CSS and let the clientside software handle your sites.
I fail to see why you would want to present users with speech on server side,
if they can very well deal with valid pages.

Mohammed al-shar, welcome. I am very sure you will be a very valuable addition
to the Drupal team. People who have good (first-hand) knowledge about speech
and web, or braille terminals and XHTML can be of great help to improve
Drupal even more. Welcome!

Ber