[drupal-support] Drupal + Gallery2 + Safe Mode -> Nothing

Andreas Gerasch drupal at andreas-gerasch.de
Wed Sep 14 15:43:26 UTC 2005

(second try, my first mail run into moderator queue)

Hi there,

I have a little weird problem, this is my second drupal installation. (I
have some experiences in writing modules and debugging the drupal source)

At first it works all fine! After I put all the content from my old
Webpage into drupal and made my own theme, I was searching for a better
Gallery Modul. I found gallery2 (from menalto) and try to install.
Gallery2 requires "save_mode" off, so I asked my serveradministrator for
doing this. He did, and gallery2 works fine. (You should know I use the
same database for gallery2 and drupal, but gallery2 has a table prefix).

Then, when I went back to my drupal page, there was nothing! Not even a
blank page. (no headers, error-messages or something)
I took a look at the database, if gallery2 deleted it, but its fine (as
far as I can see). There are just some additional tables g2_*.
So I took a look at the filesystem, but everything is also fine. Then I
started debugging drupal, by changing the sourcecode to produce php
errors, to know where dupal dies, but I could not find out. (Syntax
errors, I made, have been posted, but that's all)

I removed gallery2 and all its tables, but It's still the same.

Maybe the problem is that safe_mode is off - but I can't check this now,
because my admin is currently not available...

Any ideas?

Thanks for your regards!
Andy