[drupal-support] Cron Indexing question

Grand Junction gjdspam at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 00:27:40 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to get the cron.php up and running on my
new installation of Drupal.  My main purpose in this
is to index the site for searches.

I've managed to execute the cron.php file successfully
via http://sitename/cron.php.  But setting it up via
the Cron Job manager with my host has been difficult.
The host is using cPanel X, generally great, and I've
managed to get a Cron Job working using a Perl script,
but for some reason it isn't working on cron.php.

What was suggested by the host is that I set the file
permissions to 755, and then set the cron command to
"php /home/location/of/file/cron.php", which I've
done, and I know I have the correct location of the
file (since I was able to execute the Perl script),
but it just won't index the site (checking that
through the Administer->Settings->Search page).

Any suggestions out there?

Many thanks,
Matthew O'Malley