[drupal-support] Cron Indexing question

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Wed Sep 21 09:11:31 UTC 2005

Poormanscron is what its name indicates: a last desperate attempt to get cron
running. Setting up a cron job gives you much more power.

Just not ethat you must not call the file cron.php! you should call it from
the online place. so not /var/www/cron.php byt
http://www/example.com/cron.php

But really, all the details are in the handbook on drupal.org

Op woensdag 21 september 2005 04:16, schreef Larry Garfield:
> Honestly, unless you're running a very active site, I'd skip setting up
> cron and use the poormanscron module from contrib.  It works like a charm
> for me. After each page request, the module checks to see if cron needs to
> run, and if so, runs it itself.  Quite useful.
>
> On Tuesday 20 September 2005 07:27 pm, Grand Junction wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to get the cron.php up and running on my
> > new installation of Drupal.  My main purpose in this
> > is to index the site for searches.
> >
> > I've managed to execute the cron.php file successfully
> > via http://sitename/cron.php.  But setting it up via
> > the Cron Job manager with my host has been difficult.
> > The host is using cPanel X, generally great, and I've
> > managed to get a Cron Job working using a Perl script,
> > but for some reason it isn't working on cron.php.
> >
> > What was suggested by the host is that I set the file
> > permissions to 755, and then set the cron command to
> > "php /home/location/of/file/cron.php", which I've
> > done, and I know I have the correct location of the
> > file (since I was able to execute the Perl script),
> > but it just won't index the site (checking that
> > through the Administer->Settings->Search page).
> >
> > Any suggestions out there?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Matthew O'Malley
> >

> > __________________________________
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> --
> Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
> larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012
>
> "If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
> exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea,
> which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to
> himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
> possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it."
>  -- Thomas Jefferson
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]