[support] A shot in the dark - was Drupal themes

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sun Apr 2 17:22:37 UTC 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 09:22 am, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Hi,
>      Can anyone recommend a very easy to use theme for customizing.
> Basically I just need to get a black background and 2 or 3 columns.  It
> seems like three columns works better than 2 even when I only need 2
> columns in my display.  Using a 2 column theme will often push content down
> to the bottom of the page when you want it up top. I looked a argeebee as I
> stated to be easy but it sure isn't working out as easy as I had so hoped
> it would. They want a front page which will show the images from their
> projects.  So, I started with a home page being one of the gallery pages.
> It seems like the book feature might work better as I can create columns
> across the page. Anyway, an easy theme to just get the main content area
> black.  No borders aroudn blocks or anything.  Just something that would be
> very easy to customize in this way, like changing the background of the
> main content area without touching the rest.  Still, things are not always
> easy even with that as the main content area, includes fields where one
> must enter content into the field and it's not easy to figure out which
> style class, or id is controlling text on a form page. bruce

You could try adding something like the following to about line 27 of the
styles.css file:
    .node .content
      {background-color: #000;}

That will make the background of only the node's content black (not the
"submitted by", etc.).

This will make the entire node's background black:
    .node
      {background-color: #000;}

Both of those will affect all nodes, however, not just images.

There may be a better class or id to use, but I'm not at all familiar w/the
gallery, and there wasn't anything obvious to my in my cursory glance.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/