[support] A shot in the dark - was Drupal themes

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 18:03:49 UTC 2006

That's pretty close to getting there.  It only effected the node content area.  It didn't effect the Submit Story page.  How did you go about finding the particular class or in this case classes that needed to be changed?  From the view of source?
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Jason Flatt <drupal at oadae.net> wrote:
  On Sunday 02 April 2006 09:22 am, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone recommend a very easy to use theme for customizing.
> Basically I just need to get a black background and 2 or 3 columns. It
> seems like three columns works better than 2 even when I only need 2
> columns in my display. Using a 2 column theme will often push content down
> to the bottom of the page when you want it up top. I looked a argeebee as I
> stated to be easy but it sure isn't working out as easy as I had so hoped
> it would. They want a front page which will show the images from their
> projects. So, I started with a home page being one of the gallery pages.
> It seems like the book feature might work better as I can create columns
> across the page. Anyway, an easy theme to just get the main content area
> black. No borders aroudn blocks or anything. Just something that would be
> very easy to customize in this way, like changing the background of the
> main content area without touching the rest. Still, things are not always
> easy even with that as the main content area, includes fields where one
> must enter content into the field and it's not easy to figure out which
> style class, or id is controlling text on a form page. bruce

You could try adding something like the following to about line 27 of the
styles.css file:
.node .content
{background-color: #000;}

That will make the background of only the node's content black (not the
"submitted by", etc.).

This will make the entire node's background black:
.node
{background-color: #000;}

Both of those will affect all nodes, however, not just images.

There may be a better class or id to use, but I'm not at all familiar w/the
gallery, and there wasn't anything obvious to my in my cursory glance.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/

Word Salad Poetry Magazine - join us online at:
http://wordsalad.net/   and also ->
Check out the Buffy the Vampire Slayer writing
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/
Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
http://trianglewebservices.com/