[support] Changing Role Labels

Lists listout at accidentaltechie.org
Fri Apr 7 20:04:36 UTC 2006

Before I break something (and then someone breaks my legs), I am wondering
if it is okay if I change the actual text names of the various [Roles] which
are marked 'locked'?

Specifically, if I alter the values in the `name` column of the `role` table
(`rid` 1 and 2) to change "anonymous user" and "authenticated user" to
something else, is that going to cause access problems?

(I really do believe it will not be a problem, since language localization
and relational design principles would suggest that the `rid` (role id) is
the principle match column for determining access.

Can someone confirm before I make a change on an active site?