[support] Menu change and contact us

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 15:45:30 UTC 2006

Hi all,
       I wanted to include a contact us link on a website for a customer, a Drupal site.  They want the link down at the bottom of the page.  Is there a way to put such a link at the bottom?  The other problem is that the site doesn't support a direct link to contact anyone.  I can do a link to the Administrator for example or someone in a similar role.  However, a direct link to the contact form gives me a message that one doesn't have "Permission to view this link."  It worked just now once then went back to telling me I don't have permission to view this page.  It then asks one to login or register.  The problem is that even the Administrator, with all priviledges can't access that page.  Actually not allowing a visitor to access the contact form is a problem.  Here's a creative solution.  Create a flexinode called message and have the notify module notify the contact person.
  That's not the best solution as we really want an email message sent.

  The other thing they are asking for is the ability to hide the menu.  Say, have just Navigation visible and when one clicks on that the menu opens up.  Can that be done?  It doesn't look possible.  Actually we would need the top menu item available to the visitors because that is how the visitor navigates the site.  But collapsing everything else?  I could create a custom menu for just showing the one navigation link that visitors will need.  But the rest of the Navigation, they'd like to see that just collapse and open just when someone clicks on the link for Navigating the site.

  Some menu items only visible to some people?  Like login available only to staff members with an account, anonymous visitors don't need to see this link on this particular site.  Then, I have a howto "book" that I'm working on.  Staff needs to read this not anonymous visitors.
  Bruce

Word Salad Poetry Magazine - join us online at:
http://wordsalad.net/   and also ->
Check out the Buffy the Vampire Slayer writing
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/
Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
http://trianglewebservices.com/