[support] Menu change and contact us

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Wed Apr 12 14:23:14 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Bruce Whealton wrote:

>      I wanted to include a contact us link on a website for a
> customer, a Drupal site.  They want the link down at the bottom of
> the page.  Is there a way to put such a link at the bottom?  The
> other problem is that the site doesn't support a direct link to
> contact anyone.  I can do a link to the Administrator for example
> or someone in a similar role.  However, a direct link to the
> contact form gives me a message that one doesn't have "Permission
> to view this link."  It worked just now once then went back to
> telling me I don't have permission to view this page.  It then asks
> one to login or register.  The problem is that even the
> Administrator, with all priviledges can't access that page.
> Actually not allowing a visitor to access the contact form is a
> problem.  Here's a creative solution.  Create a flexinode called
> message and have the notify module notify the contact person.
> That's not the best solution as we really want an email message sent.

Have you looked at webforms module? That's an easy way to create
customized contact forms, etc.

As for accessing that page you have, double-check the access
controls. Also, if you have the contact module enabled, each member
should have a contact tab on their profile (although members must opt
in for this).

> The other thing they are asking for is the ability to hide the
> menu.  Say, have just Navigation visible and when one clicks on
> that the menu opens up.  Can that be done?  It doesn't look
> possible.  Actually we would need the top menu item available to
> the visitors because that is how the visitor navigates the site.
> But collapsing everything else?  I could create a custom menu for
> just showing the one navigation link that visitors will need.  But
> the rest of the Navigation, they'd like to see that just collapse
> and open just when someone clicks on the link for Navigating the site.

I've not tried it yet, but I believe you can do this in 4.7 using
Block Bar. http://drupal.org/node/36373

> Some menu items only visible to some people?  Like login available
> only to staff members with an account, anonymous visitors don't
> need to see this link on this particular site.

You can control visibility according to user role by using some php
code. In 4.6  you would put it into the block itself, in 4.7 there's
a separate area for php controlling visibility.

Laura

Laura Scott
President
laura at pingv.com