[support] Installation Failure

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Apr 12 13:59:59 UTC 2006

Greg, Gordon and Bill,

Thanks for your help. Yes, in my haste, I forgot to restart apache after
installing php5-mysql. I feel dumb! ;-(

I got this as the output when I accessed drupal for the first time:

{head} {styles}
{_BLOCK_.header.logo} {_BLOCK_.header.site_name}
{secondary_links}
{primary_links}
{_BLOCK_.header.blocks}

Welcome to your new Drupal-powered website. This message will guide you
through your first steps with Drupal, and will disappear once you have posted
your first piece of content.

I must be missing something with the missing information at the top of the
page? Or is this normal?

Thanks!

Mark

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 09:40 pm, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Greg,
>
> It tells me a ton of stuff. However, when I searched through the page for
> "mysql" there was nothing. I assume there should have been something.
>
> So, it seems that installing the packages php5 and php5-mysql on a debian
> machine is not enough to get php v5 running with mysql.
>
> Does anyone know what I may be missing for a debian system?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark
>
> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 04:01 pm, Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:
> > On 4/11/06, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:
> > > According to what I read on the drupal site, this is caused by a missing
> myslq
> > > module for php. However, I installed the php5-mysql package (I am
running
> > > debian) along with php5.
> >
> > If you create a phpinfo() page what does it tell you?
> >
> > http://us2.php.net/phpinfo
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Greg
> >
> > --
> > Growing Venture Solutions | Denver, CO
> > Technology Solutions for Communities and Small Businesses
> > http://growingventuresolutions.com/
> > --

> Mark Phillips
> Phillips Marketing, Inc