[support] Installation Failure

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkeydata.com
Wed Apr 12 13:07:51 UTC 2006

Hello, Mark,

Without more details it's hard to tell precisely, but check out this
page -- http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/php5.htm

You also might want to look through the Ubuntu forums for installing and
configuring PHP, Apache, and MySQL to run together-- Ubuntu is based on
Debian, so the advice would be pretty relevant --

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, you should shut down and
restart MySQL and Apache after each new item is installed.

Hope this is useful as you sort it out.

Cheers,

Bill

Mark Phillips wrote:

>Greg,
>
>It tells me a ton of stuff. However, when I searched through the page for
>"mysql" there was nothing. I assume there should have been something.
>
>So, it seems that installing the packages php5 and php5-mysql on a debian
>machine is not enough to get php v5 running with mysql.
>
>Does anyone know what I may be missing for a debian system?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Mark
>
>On Tuesday 11 April 2006 04:01 pm, Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:
>

>>On 4/11/06, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:
>>

>>>According to what I read on the drupal site, this is caused by a missing
>>>

>myslq
>

>>>module for php. However, I installed the php5-mysql package (I am running
>>>debian) along with php5.
>>>

>>If you create a phpinfo() page what does it tell you?
>>
>>http://us2.php.net/phpinfo
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Greg
>>
>>--
>>Growing Venture Solutions | Denver, CO
>>Technology Solutions for Communities and Small Businesses
>>http://growingventuresolutions.com/
>>--
>>[ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]

------