[support] Content Type Descriptions Not Displaying

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Apr 13 05:11:39 UTC 2006

On 4/12/06, Lists <listout at accidentaltechie.org> wrote:

> I want it to show under the title of the thing it is describing.

And it does do that - just not where you expect it to.  When you go to
node/add/book it will show right underneath the "Submit Book".  If you
look at the help text right underneath that box it says

"This text will be displayed at the top of the page submission form.
It is useful for helping or instructing your users."

That is precisely the behavior I see.

> Maybe I'll turn this into a question:
>
> When one enters a description for the content type, in the edit content
> types form, where the hell does the description ever show?
>
> I've entered a description for 'books', but it's not on the 'books' node
> page.
>
> Where is it?  Why isn't it displaying?

It is on the "add a book" page which is where the help text says it will show.

> I don't know what's "unintended" about that.
>

> I am trying nothing special here.  I just don't see (ever) any of the
> description that I've entered displaying on the page for creating that kind
> of content.

Well then either the help text is broken on your sight or you are
looking for the help text to show up somewhere other than where the
module developer designed and coded it to show up.

I have attached a screenshot that shows
1) text I entered into the box you describe
2) the help text that explains where that text will appear
3) the help text I entered on the "submit a page" page (where it is
intended to go)

I don't know how these lists handle attachments, but I've got you on
the "to:", Gary, so at least you should get it.

NOTE: I already gave you a hint on how to get this text to show up in
the place that you want it: theme files and node_ API calls.  It would
take less time to follow that rabbit hole than discuss the issue here.

Regards,
Greg

--
Growing Venture Solutions | Denver, CO
Technology Solutions for Communities and Small Businesses