[support] Database problem

Pat Collins pat at linuxcolumbus.com
Sun Apr 23 17:45:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:22:32 -0700 (PDT), Bruce Whealton
<brucewhealton at yahoo.com> wrote :

> Hi all,
>        I'm hoping someone can help me please.  I had installed drupal
using cpanel.  Recently, I tried changing the username for my account.  That
had my site (my drupal site) unreachable, with an "unable to select
database," error.  Well, I realized that the problem was that my cpanel
interface adds a prefix to the database, as in myoldaccountid_drpl1
>   when changed to mynewaccountid_drpl1 will not work.  Amazingly, even
when I changed the config file, which is settings.php in the sites/default
directory.  I'm perplexed as to why that didn't work.  I looked all through
my site and could not find any other place where the actual name of the
database was hard-coded. Question:   Is there some other place where the
actual database name will be found in the code?

No.  Which user name for which account, this is unclear.

Pat