[support] Community, permissions to modules or some access control

fb at codicelibero.net fb at codicelibero.net
Tue Aug 1 23:46:26 UTC 2006

I'm going to create a (my friends) portal community where every users'll
be able to have his/her own gallery, creating own category, own links
directory, own audio/video casting, own forums, own books, own blog, etc..

I initially thought to a multi-installation system but in this way i had
to enable manually every user (and it'll be more heavy) so i discarded
this option.
I though there's some way to do this and maybe some access control module
will enable me to let users being indipendent from site administrator to,
what i mean is:

- every user have an own blog as username.domain.ext and i solved it with
.htaccess + wildcards server side

- have their own image galleries/categories/weblinks/podcasting/forums, my
need is that every users will be able to create and edit his/her own
galleries/categories/weblinks/etc.. but other users will not be able to
add, edit or delete it (user Adam can't edit Betty's
categories/albums/links/etc.. and vice versa)

- [[ useful but not fundamental ]] let some galleries, categories, etc,
being visible by friends of users only or by everybody (I mean let
community users give permission to Gallery1 or Forum1 to being accessible
to Friend1 and Friend2 and permission to Gallery2 or Forum2 to being
accessible to anonymous users)

i'm trying acidfree for galleries but can't understand how doing this...
on taxonomy/category don't have any idea

i thought to OG but I think it's not the right solution, it would
complicate too much the structure and I don't want create a
multi-community site..

my idea is going to create something like motime.com / splinder.com where
every user is independent from others and (possibly but not essential)
paths will be indipendent too: eg mydomain.com/username1/gallery,
mydomain.com/username2/gallery (better username1.mydomain.com/gallery and
username2.mydomain.com/gallery, but I'll work step by step :)

an autonomous system where administrator haven't to take part to life

hope being anough clear

i know it may be complicated but i'll be grateful if anyone will be able
to help me :)