[support] Multiple Contact Forms

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Aug 4 20:38:21 UTC 2006

Hi Cozzi,

On 8/4/06, Cozzi <cozzi at blinkitshere.com> wrote:
> I'd like to create custom contact forms for different types of viewers
> (Customers verses Vendors). However my understanding is that the Site-Wide
> Contact  Form only allows one contact form type (I do realize with different
> categories but I don't want Customers to see the Vendors Categories, that
> would just cause confusion)
>
> Here is what I have tried:
>
> ----Using Create Page:----
> When I view Create Content I see:
> PAGE: If you want to add a static page, like a contact page or an about
> page, use a page.
>
> But it is not evident how to use PAGE to create a "contact page"

Pages are mostly just for static content.  You could create a "page"
to say "call us at..." but they aren't typically used to create
dynamic form kinds of things.

> ----Searched web and Drupal Projects----
> A bit of searching suggested that webform might be the solution, but looking
> at the information on webform it says: "webform is not a front end for let
> users create custom nodes". What does this mean?
>
> Any comments or suggestions

My suggestion is to use the feedback module.  It is an alternative to
the core "contact" module that has several features that are slightly
different which may make it work for your situation.

Another, more complex but still reasonable, solution would be to use
CCK to create a custom content type for your contact forms.  Then use
one of the modules that can email you all new nodes (like the actions
module or the subscriptions module).

Hope that helps,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com