[support] .htaccess file in files folder

Casper Labuschagne casperl at krooninfo.co.za
Mon Aug 7 11:51:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:27:31 +0200, Gerhard Killesreiter
<gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> Kobus Myburgh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  With this file present in my files/* directory on IIS, I can't access
>> the images in the folder. Is there a way around this in IIS withouth
>> having to delete the file?

There are numerous posts on Drupal.org forums about .htaccess including:
http://drupal.org/node/65825
http://drupal.org/node/67244

Also try disabling 'Options none' in .htaccess as discussed in
http://drupal.org/node/68805 - that worked for me when I could not see the
images.

> That's strange, I didn't know that IIS cares about .htaccess files. Does

ditto here - it is strange
Also ensure that the file permissions of the entire files hierarchical
structure is set to rw-rw-rw  In extreme cases I have set it to
rwx-rwx-rwx for everybody to get something working first!

Hope it helps
--

Casper Labuschagne
+27827054416