[support] RSS feeds broken in 4.7.3

Heine Deelstra info at ustilago.org
Thu Aug 17 13:57:54 UTC 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:43:27 +0200, Steven Mansour
<steven at strictmachine.ca> wrote:
> The problem seems to be that line one is empty - the rest of the XML
> file is fine, but because the <?xml ...> declaration begins at line 2,
> the RSS is not valid and cannot be aggregated.
>
> I've tried this with all my feeds, and even the atom.module - same
> problem.
>
> I've disabled all my contributed modules, unpublished all my non-english
> content, and still get the same error.
>
> Is there anywhere else I can look for why Drupal is injecting a line of
> whitespace into my RSS feed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> s.

Do other pages of the site also start with whitespace? If so, you need to
check several files (eg settings.php) for whitespace outside of <?php ?>
tags. It's best to do so with a hex editor as certain whitespace (byte
order marks) might be invisible in texteditors.

Heine