[support] HTML template with drupal in background

Agaric Design pwgdarchive at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:13:54 UTC 2006

It's not my place, but I have to say that I think the response to Mil Imon
that's best for Drupal would not be ones that makes him strongly dislike,
collectively, the many great people who offer advice on the Drupal support
list.

>From the limited information we have, it would appear that the main problems
are due to a bad theme.  So the advice may have to be to scrap the theme,
find a solid theme at http://drupal.org/project/Themes and change to make it
look like the one you have, and override themeing functions for particular
modules only as necessary.  Nick Lewis has a good tutorial on theming:
http://www.nicklewis.org/node/850

But the response I think would be best for Drupal, and Mr. Imon, is for
someone to e-mail "hey, I know something about Drupal theming, will you pay
me to help out."

If we don't have people hungry enough to make offers on tough jobs (and
smart enough to lurk on the support list), that's going to hurt Drupal.  I'm
not walking the walk, because too much is happening right now that has to
settle down for Agaric Design <http://agaricdesign.com/> to offer to help.

There's a site I'm not familiar with except to know it exists called
http://www.drupalancers.com/ should Mr. Imon decide that quickly hiring
someone for Drupal theming is the best course.

- ben melançon
part of the Agaric Design multimedia collective ::
http://agaricdesign.com/:: Open Source Web Development