[support] Call to undefined function block_list after upgrade

Nick Holden nick at thewebtailor.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 23:28:08 UTC 2006

So, an old drupal site (4.4.x) finally gets upgraded. Everything works
OK, through the various database upgrades to 4.7.0, and then I run the
update.php for 4.7.3 and it seems to run the last three system updates
OK, too.

Then, when I fire up the index page, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: block_list()
in /home/hackneytuc/www/includes/theme.inc on line 935

Why should block_list() be undefined? It's in the  block module, isn't
it? I've tried switching the status of the block module in the system
table directly from within MySQL but that makes no difference - I cannot
access any of the site, because this fatal error message comes up every
time.

Any suggestions as to what is causing it, or how I can get round it?

Thanks,

Nick