[support] Call to undefined function block_list after upgrade

Nick Holden nick at thewebtailor.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 20:50:41 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 00:28 +0100, Nick Holden wrote:
> So, an old drupal site (4.4.x) finally gets upgraded. Everything works
> OK, through the various database upgrades to 4.7.0, and then I run the
> update.php for 4.7.3 and it seems to run the last three system updates
> OK, too.
>
> Then, when I fire up the index page, I get:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: block_list()
> in /home/hackneytuc/www/includes/theme.inc on line 935
>
> Why should block_list() be undefined? It's in the  block module, isn't
> it? I've tried switching the status of the block module in the system
> table directly from within MySQL but that makes no difference - I cannot
> access any of the site, because this fatal error message comes up every
> time.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is causing it, or how I can get round it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

Thought anyone else having my problem would like to know - I traced the
error. The system table in the database which I'd upgraded from 4.4 was
a bit screwy, with all the filenames having an extra directory in them,
like this:

"/modules/modules/block.module"

This isn't the case in the backup version of the database, so it is
something which happened during one of the steps of the upgrade between
4.4.x and 4.7.3 - but I don't know which step did it.

Anyway, I removed the offending "/modules" and then it worked!

Nick