[support] cvs and third party mods

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Aug 21 02:29:58 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, Mr Gibson... (Earnest Hern) <hernagram at shaw.ca> wrote:
> My host has disabled smtp and my isp has disabled smtp. In drupal-4.7.3
> there is no option to disabled email registration. Therefore, I installed
> the latest drupal cvs package because it have an option to disabled email...
> no require e-mail verification when a visitor creates an account
>
> The file I download is at this link...
> http://drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-cvs.tar.gz
>
> I problem now is that third party v4.7 modules are not installing correctly
> in the cvs package. Tinymce module has some broken links and the legal
> module does not work at all. I have only tried these two modules but it
> seems that no module will work with the cvs. Is there a way to get the 4.7
> module to work?

There's at least 3 solutions to your problem:

1) use the smtp.module and an smtp server on a different host so that
you can still use 4.7

2) use the logintoboggan.module to have registration without smtp so
that you are still on 4.7 but don't need smtp

3) edit the modules that you need so they will work with HEAD -
instructions on doing so can be found here:
http://drupal.org/update/modules

Personally, I would choose either option 1 or 2, but option 3 is still
a pretty good way to go so that you help those module maintainers get
their code in shape for HEAD.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com