[support] Noob question: publishing to a main page like node

Jonathan drupal at d0td0t.com
Tue Aug 29 21:24:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm new to Drupal and haven't been
using it for too long and I can't find answer to this.

I would like to create a page that is similar to the main page in that
I can have a list of story (node) teasers linking to the full story
(node).  I'd like to have the option when creating stories and other
content to be able to publish to this new page instead of the main page.

How would I create such a page? Is there a module that I can use that
would allow me to do this? Could someone please point me in the right
direction?

Thank you!