[support] Image/Photo Galleries - recommendations of modules

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 14:36:34 UTC 2006

Ok, how can I put this to explain some possible confusion.  The Gallery module is to include the Gallery program and it's features into Drupal.  Does that mean it does a full install of Gallery into my drupal install or it just hooks the Gallery program that I would install elsewhere?  And it isn't native?  I'm a bit confused on that.

David Grant <david.grant at telus.net> wrote:    On February 5, 2006 10:40 am, Jason Flatt wrote:

> > 1) allow batch uploading by the customer, on their site, of a zip
> > or other compressed file, that will be unzipped by the system.
>
> I don't think the Image module can do this, though I never really tried to.
> Based on the description, I'd try the image_import module, unless I were
> going with the full install of Gallery, but I don't know that it does it
> either.

Gallery can definitely do this.

> The Image Filter module allows the easy inclusion of pictures in other
> nodes, by using a special syntax: [Image:123] where 123==a node id. You
> can put that anywhere in the Body of the node, and the image will be placed
> there.

Interesting, I have never seen this module before. Seems like it does the same
thing as img_assist, does it not?

  That's what I was thinking.  Where would documentation exist for Image Filter and for Image Assist?  Do both modules create a new node of image?  So, that the photograph would be found just like any other node (story, page) node/nid#, I mean is that the  same for both Image Filter and Image_Assist?
  Also, do not the modules create 3 different image sizes for each image imported?  If so, how do I say I want an (or the) 85X85 image or the 200X200, for example?  Can I say I want the image aligned left, right, center, etc?

> > Q3> Should I consider other modules for working with or using images?
>
> I have not used the other modules, so I cannot say what their usefulness
> is.

AcidFree sounds pretty good. Allows more flexibility on the look of the
gallery I think.

  Cool I'll check that out too.
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/