[support] Image/Photo Galleries - recommendations of modules

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Tue Feb 7 15:00:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 06:36 am, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Ok, how can I put this to explain some possible confusion.  The Gallery
> module is to include the Gallery program and it's features into Drupal.
> Does that mean it does a full install of Gallery into my drupal install or
> it just hooks the Gallery program that I would install elsewhere?  And it
> isn't native?  I'm a bit confused on that.

The module links the Gallery program to Drupal.  I have never installed it, so
I have no idea what level of functionality is included nor how the install is
done for that particular combination.  However, the modules I have installed
that link functionality of other programs to Drupal usually either have you
install the third party program normally or in a subdirectory of the module's
subdirectory of the 'modules' subdirectory, i.e.:
drupal-base-dir/modules/gallery/gallery/, where the first gallery is the
module and the second one is the program.  Normally, it's the latter.  I'm
sure the documentation has all the gory details for how to set it up.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/