[support] Wrapping around a cgi script

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Wed Feb 8 04:06:06 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 04:26 pm, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize for asking what may be a dump question or one that has been
> answered before, i have searched the archive and the web for an answer but
> maybe i am looking for the wrong terms, i can't find what I'm trying to
> figure out.
>
> I have written a cgi that generates html.  I would very much like to make
> this cgi be a node in drupal, or if thats not possible maybe a "block"?  I
> just would like to have my cgi generate the center of the home page with
> drupal blocks around it, and then any click on the drupal blocks replaces
> my cgi content with whatever would normally be there, and any clicks in my
> cgi remain in that area of the screen.  Normally I would use a frame but
> everything I find about frames and drupal says "Dont Do It".
>
> Am I missing something terribly obvious, or is this impossible, or am I
> just slow today?
>
> Thanks for any advice
> -Aaron

It seems to me that something should be possible, however I am not experienced
enough to offer anything other than shots in the dark.  I have no idea if it
would work or not, but what I would try is to create a node that had full PHP
filtering on and use some sort of PHP exec funtion:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.exec.php

Maybe shell_exec()?

--
Jason Flatt