[support] New Install Problem: Access Denied

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sat Feb 11 22:12:21 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 12:59 pm, Kory Hamzeh wrote:
> I'm a newbie when it comes to drupal and MySQL, but I've been developing
> software under unix/linux for 20 years. I'm running Fedora Core 4.0,
> MySQL 4.1.11, and installed drupal 4.6.5. I followed all of the steps to
> setup the initial user's list in MySQL, and the steps to create a drupal
> mysql user and database. I have set $db_url in sites/default/setting.php
> to:
>
> Mysql://drupalusername:drupalpassword@fullhostname/drupaldatabasename

If your database is on the same computer as the Web server, you probably want
"localhost" instead of "fullhostname".

$db_url =
'mysql://drupalusername:drupalpassword@localhost/drupaldatabasename';

If your database is on a different computer, your grant permissions were
probably not set to allow the remote Web server to access the database.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON drupaldatabasename.* TO drupalusername at fullhostname
IDENTIFIED BY 'drupalpassword';

I suspect you want the first solution rather than the second.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/