[support] New Install Problem: Access Denied

Kory Hamzeh kory at avatar.com
Sat Feb 11 22:01:48 UTC 2006

> Is the "Mysql://" part of the connection string capitalized
> like that?  It may
> be case sensitive (I'm not sure).

It's not capitalized -- my MUA changed it.

> Can you log in on the console to that specific MySQL user?  Try:

Yes, I can do a linux login as mysql and the password. I did not create
this account, this was created by fedora or the mysql install script.

> mysql -u drupaluser -h fullhostname -p drupaldatabasename

This does NOT work. However, if I replace fullhostname with localhost,
it does.

Does that give you any clues?

Regards,
Kory