[support] massive blog hosting

Andrew Cohill cohill at designnine.com
Wed Feb 15 13:58:31 UTC 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 7:07 PM, luis medrano wrote:

> I'm just wondering if any of you saw my email last week.
>
> thanks,
> Luis
>

> On 2/8/06, luis medrano <lmzaldivar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I really appreciate all your responces but I still have some
>> questions. How easy is to manipulate the graphic interface of drupal,
>> I'm talking about implementing my own logo and stuff and the login
>> page. Also Can I use virtual domains for the users blogs?, for
>> example
>> user1.myblog.com, user2.myblog.com.

Taking a little time to do a test install of Drupal would answer many
of your questions.  Drupal's look and feel can be changed extensively
by developing custom stylesheets.

As for the virtual domains, I don't believe Drupal supports this.

>> any of you knows where can I get hosting wihere they can handle large
>> amount of traffic and also large amount of disk space also with
>> drupal
>> support?

The Drupal site lists some Drupal-friendly hosting services.  It
sounds like you might be best served with a leased server, where you
would have much more control.

Andrew

Andrew Michael Cohill, Ph.D.
President

Design Nine provides telecommunications master planning services and
telecommunications and broadband project management.

Visit the Technology Futures blog for frequently updated news and
commentary on technology issues.
  http://www.designnine.com/news/

http://www.designnine.com/
Blacksburg, Virginia