[support] Category/Taxonomy lists

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 18:09:04 UTC 2006

Hi all,
     A visitor to my site was asking if Drupal could do something with its vocabulary.  He was showing me a LiveJournal feature of using Tags.  These would correspond, from my observations to Vocabularies and vocabulary terms.  Anyway, on this site, there is a display, where a menu on Drupal might be, or a block on Drupal.  And the display lists the Tags (vocab terms in Drupal) with a link on each one.  By clicking on a link from among these Tags (aka Vocabulary terms in Drupal) one can see articles, stories, etc. which have those tags in the entry (aka in the node in drupal).
  1)     Can this be done in Drupal, and how?  I know it can, and have looked through a number of Taxonomy modules, along with a few other modules that caught my attention.  I'm just not sure which one I might want to use and the descriptions don't seem clear enough as to which module might actually do this.  Any suggestions?

  2)  Here's a related example, the user has setup links for each of her "Interests" at:
  http://drupal.org/user/24967
  I guess Interests would be a custom field on the Profile page.  The interests link to users that have the same interests.   Can this be done in Drupal and what modules might do this?

  3)  I thought a wiki might even be of use in these areas.  I had actually used such in creating a web site to collect information and allow for searches either for persons, or any other key word, using a phpwiki.  I thus tried the wiki module on my Drupal site but don't see a difference now.  I'm not seeing any link to my wiki in Drupal.  Has anyone used this module?

  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Word Salad Poetry Magazine - join us online at:
http://wordsalad.net/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/