[support] Category/Taxonomy lists

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sun Feb 26 19:25:44 UTC 2006

On Sunday 26 February 2006 10:09 am, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Hi all,
>      A visitor to my site was asking if Drupal could do something with its
> vocabulary.  He was showing me a LiveJournal feature of using Tags.  These
> would correspond, from my observations to Vocabularies and vocabulary
> terms.  Anyway, on this site, there is a display, where a menu on Drupal
> might be, or a block on Drupal.  And the display lists the Tags (vocab
> terms in Drupal) with a link on each one.  By clicking on a link from among
> these Tags (aka Vocabulary terms in Drupal) one can see articles, stories,
> etc. which have those tags in the entry (aka in the node in drupal). 1)
> Can this be done in Drupal, and how?  I know it can, and have looked
> through a number of Taxonomy modules, along with a few other modules that
> caught my attention.  I'm just not sure which one I might want to use and
> the descriptions don't seem clear enough as to which module might actually
> do this.  Any suggestions?

It might help to have a link to the site for a visual clue, but I think the
Taxonomy Menu module will get you what you want:
http://drupal.org/project/taxonomy_menu

>   2)  Here's a related example, the user has setup links for each of her
> "Interests" at: http://drupal.org/user/24967
>   I guess Interests would be a custom field on the Profile page.  The
> interests link to users that have the same interests.   Can this be done in
> Drupal and what modules might do this?

I actually don't know how they did that.  I would like to know myself, but I
haven't had the time to really put some thought and research into it.  My
suspicion is that it uses the profile module and some custom programming.

>   3)  I thought a wiki might even be of use in these areas.  I had actually
> used such in creating a web site to collect information and allow for
> searches either for persons, or any other key word, using a phpwiki.  I
> thus tried the wiki module on my Drupal site but don't see a difference
> now.  I'm not seeing any link to my wiki in Drupal.  Has anyone used this
> module?

Check out this and following links:
http://wiki.bryght.com/wiki/drupalwikirecipe

--