[support] File Uploads in IE6

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Jan 3 11:12:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a problem that file uploads doesn't work in IE6 on Windows XP, using Drupal CVS from late December.

Testing this exact same site in FireFox means that the problem must be IE related. Anyone else get problems here too? Is it settings I have to change in IE? Here is the symptoms:

Try to upload a file:
1. Create a node (story, page, whatever)
2. Browse for a file
3. Click Attach...

What happens is that, in IE, a new blank window opens up when you click the Attach... button. The file is never uploaded, and the file upload animation loops indefinately. Is this a bug, or a issue with my browser specifically? I have tested on two computers, but both computer may have exhibit the same configuration issue.

Before I get a lecture again about using the wrong browser, let me just state that most people that I create sites for are not technical people and wouldn't know the difference between FireFox and a porcupine. They don't have "Internet Explorer", they have "The Internet", so I create the site to primarily work for them in IE, en if it doesn't work in FireFox I tweak it afterwards.

Regards,

Kobus