[support] Continuing with creating menus and uploading

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 17:47:01 UTC 2006

Hi all,
     I was talking earlier about just some real basic ideas in setting up a site.  Following up on some ideas, I've added some questions which hopefully can be broken down by paragraph as to what I'm asking.  Basically I'm trying to make it easy to get someone quickly to the right place in the site, saving them from too many steps and confusing decisions to make.
    1)   I don't mind letting even anonymous visitors submit content as long as they won't 1get published without the editors (where editors, publishers etc or roles I setup) deciding on what we will publish.  I can prohibit anyone without the proper priviledges from being able to submit any content and have it show up published on the site, be it, blog, story, page, etc. Correct?

   2)  Can I create a menu option that takes on directly to a form page?  For example, instead of having a person go to create content then selecting from among, story, page, blog, just take them to the form with content type selected already.  I don't want to confuse a member who might want to contribute a story or other content of a textual nature, where they might wonder, do I contribute a story, or a page or what?

  2 cont.)   What I need is paths that go directly to the relevent page based on items selected from a menu or submenu.  So, as long as the full path can be determined then one doesn't need to go like this content>>add content>>story  and then see the form.  I'd want a menu item perhaps, like Send us a story and take them to the page where they start typing into the form?

  3)    Also, I have a customer needing to send some files, photos, and some descriptive text.  So, I could say go to my web site (which would be one of my drupal installations), then select, send us information, which would maybe open up a form for entering a story, and include an upload or attach link.  So, send us information would take them right there to that form from my custom menu that might appear anywhere.  It would just need the full path, right?  to the form page with the content type selected by the actions of the link I setup.  Can that be done?
  3 cont)      Can I allow one single upload to include more than one file?  Such as uploading some 5 (or any number up to a certain limit) files which might be image files, text,
zip files, etc?
  Thanks all,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServcies.com
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://StreetExposure.blogspot.com/