[support] How to make drupal friendly to Wordpress / blog users?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Jan 17 16:10:55 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 17 januari 2006 16:59, schreef dondi_2006:
> Maintain, no, thanks (also because I don't exactly need a
> drupalBLOG distro, see above: I need something that *looks*
> like a blog to others, not to me the webmaster). But
> posting here one final summary of everything is suggested,
>  so somebody can easily insert it in the official docs,
> that I will do for sure

No, I think we are talking about the same. IMO a blog distro would still be
normal drupal, in the admin and in the way of doing stuff.
Just that all the blogish features, such as pings pin.module) trackbacks
(trackback module) technocrati and more of that buzzword stuff would already
be installed after you get your drupalBLOG up and running.

I am not talking about graphical installers or stuff like that. I personally
don't beleive that it is going to help a lot. ;) Drupal will still be as hard
as always. Just that it removes the first step (to filter those out that will
not grok drupal anyway :p ).

Distros and installprofiles will help all this. But only if they are
maintained and if a profile was crafted with greatest care, and knowledge.
For install profiles made by joe schmoe after he got his My Coffee Mug
Collection Weblog online will only make things worse IMO. And please beware,
that this is not arrogancy, but just building on top of the fact that drupal
is hard to grok. Learning curves are steep. And only those that already
climbed up that curve will know how to make it less steap, IMO.

Bèr

--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |