[support] Odd Login on my system.

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Thu Jan 19 06:07:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

As you already know, the drupal module allows for distributed authentication. You can read more about that here: http://www.yourdrupalsite.com/admin/help/system

What happened in your case is that the person registered on your site, but then used the Drupal login to log in to your site. I have a few of those cases on my joke site. What I usually do if I don't want to allow distributed authentication is that I edit the welcome messages to NOT include that part of the message that they can log in with that information. If a user doesn't know about distributed authentication and you have disabled it, he can't log in that way.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> avskip at gmail.com 1/18/2006 10:36:04 PM >>>
I'm not sure of the terminology used for this, but I had a login
similar to this on my system.

someone at www.mydomain.com

I understand that it's used to do a shared login from another site
where 'someone' is registered and that's ok.  But the person had *my*
domain after the @ sign, not another domain!  The name before the @
sign wasn't anywhere in my user list.

Any idea what went on here?  The logs aren't very helpful. I'm using
Drupal 4.6.5 and have disabled the Drupal module for now. I think
that's what controls this being available or not.