[support] Odd Login on my system.

Skip Taylor avskip at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:55:48 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Kobus Myburgh <itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you already know, the drupal module allows for distributed authentication. You can read more about that here: http://www.yourdrupalsite.com/admin/help/system

Yes, I'm aware of what it does just couldn't remember what it was called.

> What happened in your case is that the person registered on your site, but then used the > Drupal login to log in to your site.

That is what I thought at first too. The login name was not in use on
my system so he had no way to do the distributed authentication login
using my domain as the dist/auth site. Drupal had no way to authorize
him without the name existing. That's what worries me.

I've since disabled the drupal module.