[support] Issue with multisite url creation for edit forms action parameter...

Tao Starbow starbow at citris-uc.org
Mon Jan 23 21:00:33 UTC 2006

I have been able to solve all the issues with multisite except this last
one, which is the url in the action parameter for the edit forms being
created incorrectly.

This problem only shows up for multisite, and only when I use with
apache & the baseURL to make a multisite site look like a single site.
For example the main CITRIS site is really located at
http://citrissrv2.berkeley.edu/citris.  It sits behind an apache server
that does a proxy pass from http://www.citris-uc.org
<http://www.citris-uc.org> to
http://citrissrv2.berkeley.edu/drupal/citris.  I have set the site's
baseURL to http://www.citris-uc.org <http://www.citris-uc.org/>, and 90%
of the time this works fine.  However, when Drupal generates a edit
forms, it prepends "/citris" to the url.  So where it should have
action="/node/123/edit", it generates action="/citris/node/123/edit".
This does not happen if the baseURL is
http://citrissrv2.berkeley.edu/citris and proxy pass is not used.

To deal with this issue, I set up a symbolic link so that
$durpal_dir/citris just points back to $drupal_dir.  This is an easy fix
that works most of the time.  However, modules such as webform and
project have forms that use secondary pages as subforms, and as the
pages pass the data back-and-forth, I end up with urls like
action="/citris/citris/citris/citris/citris/node/123/edit" and so on,
until the url finally gets too long for the browser to handle, the url
gets clipped & the user is set to an error page.

I suspect I am going to be diving into core to address this one, but I
still hope it might just be a configuration error on my part.  I am
grateful for any tip & leads.

Thanks,
Tao Starbow
Web Architect, CITRIS