[support] User contact

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Jan 24 14:26:13 UTC 2006

Bruce,

In your user's profile, you will have to enable personal contact form for that account. Administrator can contact that user perfectly, because user 1 has that access regardless of whether that option is activated or not. Just check the "Personal Contact Form" checkbox in user 2's profile.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> brucewhealton at yahoo.com 1/24/2006 4:23:50 PM >>>
Hi.
     I'm having a problem allowing a user to be able to receive email from the site, to be contacted.  I setup a user name of Editors for an online publication.  The user is given permissions for more than one role, as is another member.  When I'm logged in as admin, I cannot send an email to this user.  When I select that user, the contact tab does not appear.  Strangely, I can contact myself, as the admin, where it would be from admin to admin.
     But user/2/contact gives a message of access denied.  Any idea why that would happen?  I had thought the direct link of
  user/2/contact was a problem in going directly to the contact form but even selecting user then selecting the username, brings up a page that lacks a tab for contact.

     I want to have simple links such as Contact Us, to contact the admins, or publishers, or send an email to the editors... When a user selects such a custom menu item they go directly to the form for sending the message/email.  That can be done, correct?
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/