[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Sun Jul 2 16:08:23 UTC 2006

The reason this is not just a matter of inserting content into a
table is because Drupal uses more than one table to manage the site.

There are a number of import modules available. It sounds like you
know what you're doing, so maybe you can use one of those modules for
a code base to create a custom mod for your needs. Having tasks
handled by cron is something many modules do.

I'm assuming the developers list pointed you to the api documentation.

If you want a desktop solution, you might start with something like
Performancing or even ecto.

Hope this helps.

Laura