[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Mon Jul 3 12:01:23 UTC 2006

Greg wrote:

> Nobody has exactly what you are looking for because
> your request is very specific.... It's not a common
> way for people to interact with a Drupal site,

Yes, realizing that nobody felt the need to do this before
is indeed the most unexpected part :-)

> I think that the suggestions for "look at this module"
> or "try that extension" were meant to show you a base
> of code that does similar things so that you can modify

I was and still am fully prepared to do a lot of custom
scripting to get this working. I am well aware that a
lot of my own requirements are so unique to my situation
that I have to do them myself. I have no problem with that.

I _am_ already doing them, actually, for all the other
parts of the job, like automatic conversion to
drupal-acceptable HTML of many files in other formats.

It's just that, in my original script flow diagram, the
box titled "now upload this file in one new Drupal node"
was the one that I was most confident, almost certain,
that already existed and was well documented...

> The rich client side XUL administrator summer of code
> project (I believe) gets closer to what you are looking
> to find.

That looks like the performancing firefox plugin.
Something great when you have to post short stuff, once
in a while, certainly not for "volume" production. As such,
I'll surely use it when ready. Thanks for signalling it.

> Drupal sites are generally used for community
> content where it is created by many people.
> In that case, it makes more sense to use an in-browser
> WYSIWYG editor.

I disagree here. I don't think the intended *number* of
authors matters at all.
What I see is that Drupal, Wordpress, and basically every
blog/cms I know of is implicitly designed for author(s)
who publish (very) short texts, only once in a while.

I will try to hack mailhandler now (already asked
privately for suggestions to the maintainer, hope he'll
answer).

Any other pointer, comment, mailhandler patch, etc...
is still very welcome of course.

TIA,
O.