[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

eric Farris eafarris at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 11:37:17 UTC 2006

On 7/4/06, Vladimir Zlatanov <vlado at dikini.net> wrote:
> > yes, but this is very easily done automatically, outside
> > and before the scope of my original rant, with the right
> > FOSS tools and a bit of initial planning:
> >
> > * write in openoffice defining ad-hoc styles and using
> >   them consistently.
> > * convert the opendocument files to html in openoffice
> >   or (in the near future, when ready) any of the command
> >   line converters to html
> > * run html tydy
> > * import result in cms
> Ithat would loose a lot in the convertion. Surely it would be far more
> beneficial to write a converter from OOo to an html subset for use
> with a cms, for example drupal. But then probably it would be easier
> to write an OOo pluging to export to drupal directly. And if you want
> automation you can always do this from the command line - open office is
> nicely scriptable. There remains just one tiny problem - doing it.

I don't know about HTML, but there's a OD->Markdown script out there:
  http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/odt2txt.php

The Markdown module for Drupal could then be used to filter this.
Markdown has the added benefit of being quite readable as ASCII text,
so if you have less html-savvy users, it'll make a lot more sense than
all the angle brackets, if editing in the textarea would need done.

I suppose it'd be possible to use a script like that to make an
OpenDocument input filter for Drupal, which could take the content of
the node from an attached OD file -- now *that* would be cool.

www.eafarris.com