[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Tue Jul 4 13:17:09 UTC 2006

> I don't know about HTML, but there's a OD->Markdown script out there:
>   http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/odt2txt.php

Been there, tried that:

1) doesn't preserve URLs and has some other limits I
   don't remember now. May hack it, but:

2) the real problem, not to mention the only relevant
   on this list, is not how you arrive to HTML or
   markdown from whatever you started from. It's how
   to tell the darned Drupal "here is a new node"
   WITHOUT using a browser, that is entering text,
   taxonomy etc... from a shell or perl script.

> I suppose it'd be possible to use a script like that
> to make an OpenDocument input filter for Drupal, which
> could take the content of the node from an attached OD
> file -- now *that* would be cool.

This has nothing to do with my original request. I do NOT
want to directly upload .odt files in the drupal form,
even if I agree it would be really useful. I do NOT want
to use that form at all. I want to upload stuff to drupal
with a script.

Ciao,
O.