[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Tue Jul 4 13:10:03 UTC 2006

>that would loose a lot in the convertion. Surely it would be far more
> beneficial to write a converter from OOo to an html subset for use
> with a cms, for example drupal.... There remains just one tiny problem - doing it.

who said I'm not doing it? I have said several times that
I have or am already working on the other parts of this
problem. Including testing OOo from the command line.
Granted, most of that is so ugly or so heavily customized
for my own quirks that it wouldn't work for anybody else,
but certainly I'm not waiting to get it from Santa.

It's just that trying to add the 2enter-in-drupal" step,
instead, is proving to be much more difficult than all
the rest...

> But then probably it would be easier to write an OOo
> pluging to export to drupal directly.

This would be wrong. Then one would be back at square
one when using another CMS (sometimes you join projects
already running from years in another systems). Also,
it wouldn't cover cases when initial content is generated
in some other way.

The right solution is that each CMS finds its own way
to accept content from the command line, and nothing more.

Then you can do pipelines the right way, that is putting
together your own pieces. A monolithic ooo  -> drupal plugin would NOT be a solution. The ooo lists already
receive "how can I blog directly from ooo to X" every
other day, with X a different blog/CMS platform every
time

ciao,
O.