[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 4 14:40:29 UTC 2006

I think something like Bèr is suggesting is probably the best way to go.

I suppose another approach is to write a script that talks directly
to the web interface (a reasonable option if you are Perl programmer
trying to avoid learning PHP, for example :-). I did such things a
number of years ago for testing a web app. I had some Perl code that
made HTTP requests to the server and parsed the relevant parts of the
of the dirty work for you. Sure, it'll be slower than writing
directly to the database (which I agree is a bad idea, btw) or using
some command-line Drupal code like Bèr suggests, but it should be
relatively safe and it does satisfy the goal of automating the process.

	Ray