[support] Why doesn't Drupal sees the "files" folder?

AjK drupal at f2s.com
Tue Jun 6 12:47:45 UTC 2006

> > $conf = array(
> >   'file_directory_path' => 'files/www.example.com'
> > );
> > so it can't be changed by a site admin
>
> Thanks. Can it be changed to be inside the "sites" subfolder:
> 'file_directory_path' => 'sites/www.example.com/files'

Don't know, give it a try (but note the Ken's comments regarding
permissions).

However, "chown apache.apache /var/www/html/drupal/" is only going
to work if you have box root. I normally do this:-

chgrp -R apache files/www.example.com
chmod 770 files/www.example.com

On the assumption you "own" files/ already and can't change
the ownership without being root.

(note, you need to know what group apache runs as and use that,
it may not be "apache" as shown above).

regards
--AjK