[support] Drupal 4.7.2

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Jun 13 12:53:32 UTC 2006

> Thanks Kobus, Its working perfectly now. Now when I click on request
> new password and then I fill the username and E-mail Address, I dont
> get mails in my mail account informing about the new password. How
do
> i configure drupal to send mails to the specified email address

If you can't log in to the site anymore and you haven't set it up
properly yet, I believe you'll have to edit the database directly. You
should find that in the variables table.

There is also another possibility which I have never used before, but
apparently you can overwrite all the items in the variables table by
adding them to your settings.php file. You can test this by editing
settings.php (typically in the sites/default folder), and see the
commented section called 'conf' near the bottom. Uncomment that
statement, and add the site_mail item to it as follows:

$conf = array(
  'site_mail' => 'your at address.here',
);

If you still don't get the mail, you may have to edit the user table to
confirm that your mail address for your account is correctly setup. You
can edit that in the user table by using a tool such as phpMyAdmin.

I hope this helps.

Kobus