[support] how to make drupal admin section https only?

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Wed Jun 14 01:46:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

dondi_2006 wrote:
>> Gordon can comment on his module, but anytime you want to be sure you
>> are encrypting from one page to another is to check the url in the
>> <form action=.... statement. If the url has https:// you are posting
>> via ssl.
>
> I know. I am asking because I probably won't have the possibility to install the module and test it before saturday...
>
>> Once Drupal realizes that you are requesting a page that needs https://,
>> it redirects you immediately.
>
> Yes, but it should realize it _before_ I request it. That is, it should
> generate html code with an https URL every time it (re) generates a page
> with a form pointing to the admin section. Even if it won't be used.
> This was the sense of my question. Is this what actually happens with that
> module?

It does it best to do this with use of some of the new api's. but it
can't do this on links that have been already written to the page. There
is currently no method of rewriting a page once it has been themed.

In 4.7 the forms are changed before they are build, and in CVS the links
under nodes and comments are changed on the fly.

Gordon.