[support] how to make drupal admin section https only?

Mark Shropshire mdshrops at shropnet.com
Tue Jun 13 21:57:33 UTC 2006

I just installed securepages module and tested it. It appears to work
similar to the solution I had for settings.php where it redirects the
https after the http page start to generate. It comes loaded with the
following patterns that it redirects to https:

node/add*
node/*/edit
user/*
admin*

This part works kind of like block visibility. There is also a
checkbox to switch back to http when a match from the list above is
not made. I am very pleased with how this works and will switch my
sites over to use this as opposed to the settings.php code changes I
mentioned. I really like the way this is setup. Great job Gordon! I
did notice that since admin* was already in the default list, my
first test on a localhost drupal site was problematic since I didn't
have ssl setup there and I couldn't get back into admin to turn off
securesites. I then tested on a server with ssl and it worked perfect.

On a related note, I just finished listening to the latest lullabot
podcast and Jeff, Ted and Matt were interviewing Gordon. He mostly
talked about ecommerce and then mentioned securepages! Kind of since
we have been discussing it. This module has really been needed and is
important for sites that have ecommerce, ldap integreation (like me)
and other needs to encrypt traffic.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Mark

PS. I attached a screenshot of the settings page. I am not sure if it
will go to the list, but we will see.