[support] theme search box button next to field

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Wed Jun 14 19:41:50 UTC 2006

Hi, thank you for your response!

I tried so many things.  ^.^

I know the code is correct.  It displays correctly in this node:
http://www.animecards.org/node/74

the relevant theme code:
  $output .= '<table style="width: 100%; vertical-align: top;"
cellspacing="0"

cellpadding="0">

      ';
  $output .= theme_get_setting('toggle_name') ? variable_get("site_name",
"drupal") :

'';
  $output .= '</td>
  $output .= theme_get_setting('toggle_search') ? search_box() : '';
  $output .= '

  ';

The relevant css code

.headersearchbox {
    padding-top : 105px;
    padding-right : 150px;
    padding-bottom : 20px;
    width: 50%;
}

#search .form-text {
    width: 8em;
float: left
}

#search .form-submit {
    padding : 0;
}

I know that the first two work.  I can't prove that form-submit works,
though (doing funky things to it doesn't change anything).

I think the box around it is the container-inline class, but playing with
that did me also no good.

I keep coming up with something really smart, and it never works...  sigh.

Any help is really appreciated.

Anisa.

On 6/14/06, Franz Iberl <f.iberl at amazonas-box.de> wrote:

> Hallo Anisa,
>
> Am 12.06.2006 um 03:03 schrieb Anisa:
>
> >  It was relatively easy to get a working search box in the header, but
> > theming it has been a *lot* of trial and error. I have gotten it
> > positioned correctly, but I can't understand why the search box button
> > is underneath the field, instead of next to it as it is in the search
> > box, as it is in other themes. Any suggestions?
>
> I suppose the width of the surrounding box (e.g. div, table-element
> ...) is too narrow.
>
> Do you know the id/class of the entry field? You can, just for test,
> reduce the text length to observe if that helps.
>
> Then look for the box around the search-form-element to make it
> wider/broader ...
>
> Servus
>    Franz
>

> --